- Watson Paint & Glass Co. began manufacturing and distributing consumer paints and later added wholesale glass distribution
- Watson Standard was formed through the acquisition of Standard Plate Glass Company, adding to its existing glass distribution business
- Watson Standard begins to shift focus from consumer paints and glass distribution to coatings for the industrial and rigid packaging applications.
- Expanded sales through global licensing and distribution arrangements.
- Divested non-packaging related businesses.
- Packaging business expanded through joint ventures with Rhenania and DS Chemie (now both part of ACTEGA Coatings and Sealants).
- 2001- Acquired Akzo Nobel North American Packaging Business.
- 2002- Acquired BASF Metal Decorating Business.
- 2004- Acquired ACTEGA's interest in both joint ventures.
- 2012 - Acquired Delta Coatings Corporation, enabling Watson Standard to re-enter the general industrial coatings marketplace.
On February 14, 2014 Watson Standard will be represented at the FPA’s 2014 EHS Summit by Jeffrey Matty, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs. During Friday’s morning discussions he will speak at the “Electronic Environmental Tools and Resources” Session for EHS Professionals.read more
Watson Standard EVP Promotion Pittsburgh, PA, June 20, 2013 – Watson Standard Company is pleased to announce the promotion of Henry K. Watson, IV to Executive Vice President from his prior position of Vice President of Corporate Development. Henry is a graduate of Villanova University with Bachelor of Science degrees in Finance and Accounting. Henry has earned his CPA and will sit for the CFA Level III exam next year. Before joining Watson he spent two and a half years in New York City working for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Transaction...read more
Watson Standard Acquires Delta Coatings Pittsburgh, PA, Dec. 4, 2012 – Effective December 3, 2012,Watson Standard has acquired certain assets of Delta Coatings Corporation, a privately-owned coatings company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of coatings for the general industrial and packaging industries. Acquiring Delta allows Watson to re-enter the general industrial coatings marketplace and add to its existing portfolio of coatings and adhesives for the packaging industry. The acquired business will operate as Watson...read more
Watson Standard Company Restructuring Pittsburgh, PA, 9/28/2011 Watson Standard is accelerating its growth activities for both its Rigid and Flexible packaging businesses, including plans for organic growth initiatives, forming strategic partnerships and acquisitions of complimentary companies. To effectively manage these efforts and provide resources to support the company’s growth, Watson Standard is restructuring the Rigid and Flexible businesses as separate operating units. In order to successfully implement these plans, Jim Lore will...read more
Watson Standard Company Promotion Pittsburgh, PA, 11/10/2011 — Watson Standard is pleased to announce the appointment of Jim Lore from Executive Vice President to President of Watson Standard Company effective September 28, 2011. Jim started his career at Watson Standard on October 27, 1976, in the laboratory. He has been involved in almost every aspect of our business over his 35 year career at Watson Standard. Jim will be responsible for the day to day operations of Watson Standard, Watson Standard Adhesives, Watson Standard Realty,...read more
Watson Standard Makes New Appointment: Cynthia Blomquist to Environmental, Health, & Safety Manager Pittsburgh, PA, 9/20/2011 — Watson Standard is pleased to announce the appointment of Cynthia Blomquist as E, H & S Manager, effective immediately. Cynthia’s experience from previous employers such as P3Pro, Premier Environmental Services, and AECOM affords Watson Standard an enhanced perspective within her new role. Cynthia is responsible for ensuring Watson’s compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and...read more
Pittsburgh, PA, 9/20/2011 – Watson Standard is pleased to announce the appointment of Wesley E. Horton and Richard S. Newman, effective immediately. Both individuals will report to the Director of Manufacturing and serve to enhance the Company’s manufacturing and engineering operations. Wesley is taking the role of Assistant Director of Manufacturing. His previous experience includes professional managerial roles with other ISO 9001 certified companies. Prior to joining Watson Standard Company, Wesley served as Vice President of...read more