- Watson Paint & Glass Co. began manufacturing and distributing consumer paints and later added wholesale glass distribution.
- Watson Standard was formed through the acquisition of Standard Plate Glass Company, adding to its existing glass distribution business.
- Expanded sales through global licensing and distribution arrangements.
- Divested non-packaging related businesses.
- Packaging business expanded through joint ventures with European partners. This was the beginning of Watson Standard's Flexible Packaging company.
- 2001 - Acquired Akzo Nobel North American Packaging Business.
- 2002 - Acquired BASF Metal Decorating Business.
- 2004 - Acquired European Partner's interest in joint ventures.
- 2012 - Acquired Delta Coatings Corporation, enabling Watson Standard to re-enter the general industrial coatings marketplace.
Pittsburgh, PA, January 22, 2015 – Watson Standard is pleased to announce the appointment of Henry K. Watson, IV to President from his previous position of Executive Vice President. Henry will have complete oversight and responsibility for Watson Standard and its operating companies, reporting directly to company Chairman, H. Knox Watson, III and the Board of Directors. Before joining Watson Standard, Henry worked in New York City for PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) in Transaction Services. While at PwC, Henry advised private equity and...read more
On February 14, 2014 Watson Standard will be represented at the FPA’s 2014 EHS Summit by Jeffrey Matty, Vice President of Regulatory Affairs. During Friday’s morning discussions he will speak at the “Electronic Environmental Tools and Resources” Session for EHS Professionals.read more
Watson Standard Acquires Delta Coatings Pittsburgh, PA, Dec. 4, 2012 – Effective December 3, 2012,Watson Standard has acquired certain assets of Delta Coatings Corporation, a privately-owned coatings company that specializes in the development and manufacturing of coatings for the general industrial and packaging industries. Acquiring Delta allows Watson to re-enter the general industrial coatings marketplace and add to its existing portfolio of coatings and adhesives for the packaging industry. The acquired business will operate as Watson...read more