Watson Standard is always seeking the top Chemistry talent to support our growth within the food and beverage market for rigid metal packaging. Chemists perform professional work in the development, application, testing, evaluation and modification of coatings related to food and beverage packaging that meet customer specifications and regulatory requirements. These individuals also present technical information for both internal audiences and external customers and travel to customer sites to assist on-line in customer manufacturing facilities during product line-trials, scale-ups and complaint investigation and resolution. Our experienced Chemists lead projects and provide technical assistance and guidance to team members.
Knowledge / Skills / Accountabilities
- Applies professional principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ability to apply commercial application knowledge to problem solving and developing formulations to best meet customer specifications.
- Reads, analyzes and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
- Operates a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to provide a professional level of interaction with coworkers and management.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have strong problem solving skills and good analytical judgment.
- Implements Company safety and housekeeping programs in areas of responsibility and throughout the lab.
- Complies with and performs within the Company’s mission of Innovation, Quality, and Service.
- Utilizes safe work practices and procedures in performance of assigned duties.
- Maintains highest standard of housekeeping in immediate work area.
Specific Educational / Vocational Requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field with a minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience working in lab environment required
- Substantial coating application experience, preferably on-line in customer manufacturing facilities during product line-trials, scale-ups and complaint resolution
- Specific experience in the the food and beverage market for rigid metal packaging highly preferred
- Strong written and verbal skills required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite products (Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel)